Wednesday, November 30, 2011

goodbye november

I feel like I have completely neglected my blog. I feel guilty, but I just get REALLY excited about the holidays and have loved being around friends and family...that's my excuse. My Thanksgiving Break was a tease and made me only want to stay home until Christmas. And although I am loving my pediatric rotation, I am pumped that there are only 2 more weeks!

Nelson and I both had a whole week for Thanksgiving Break, which was awesome, because we were able to make the rounds with family and friends.

Sweet lil' Mia is getting SO big and practically running around the house!

Thanksgiving!
Out at the farm on Thanksgiving Day!

Erynn is part of the fam :) We adopted her and Molly!

And we even started a new tradition...Hiking! Well, this year only Nelson, Dori, and I went, but we are making the rest of the family join us next year. We drove (what seemed like forever) up to Panther Town Valley at Lake Toxaway, NC.
HIKING the day after Thanksgiving
Hugo and Maggie clearly hated hiking. Maggie slept for days. We hiked about 6 miles and these 2 probably did about 15 miles!
We almost lost Hugo to the waterfall behind us. Another couple saw him ROLL down it and catch himself on the last ledge!!! He can survive anything! Nelson had to go rescue him and he was ready to continue the hike!

Nelson and I
my sister, Dori and I

My brother-in-law, Aaron, got a motorcycle....Nelson looks pretty tough on it doesn't he? He is practically one of the Sons of Anarchy ;-)
(I had to tell him not to smile...haha)
Clemson/Carolina Game
Our lil' Clemson fan ;-) I can tell you she was the only Clemson fan smiling at the end of that game.
She is ALWAYS smiling and babbling these days. LOVE it! Cannot wait to celebrate Ruby's 1st Christmas!!!! :)

Also, some random exciting news, I am now a CERTIFIED YOGA INSTRUCTOR and will be teaching the Free Community Class at CPY on Fridays at 4:15 in December so come get your flow on with me! :)

....MUST HAVE....
Feather Earrings. Every girl needs a pair. I'm not really into the whole hair feathers. Love them on other people, but just not something I think I would do, but these earrings...I can handle. They are so unique and BEAUTIFUL! The problem is picking a pair- there are so many different feathers and color combos. You can find them at Augusta20 in Greenville, SC.




....MUST HEAR....
I heard this cover on one of my FAVORITE shows, Sons of Anarchy. If you don't watch it, you should. I know you may be thinking "I'm not really into motorcycle gangs". Believe me, I felt the same way, but its ADDICTING and so good! So Netflix it today! ;-)
I apologize for this cheesy YouTube video with shots from the show, but at least Jax (yes, the hardass with long blonde hair) is nice to look at!!

Happy December!!!!
Pics of our decorated home to come :)

xoxo-
Shanana

No comments:

Post a Comment