Thursday, February 9, 2012

Supa Bowl....belated

We laid low on Super Bowl Sunday this year, just watched it at home. I will be honest....I could care less about the actual game, but who doesn't love an excuse to eat some yummy dips for dinner, and possibly see a good commercial...and an entertaining half-time show performance?!?

I had been keeping my eye out for some good dips to make and wanted to do something different. I have a couple of great spinach dips recipes, but ran across this one on Sweet Tea and Stiletto's blog...and I must say it may be my new FAVE spinach dip. It was DELICIOUS!!!


Spinach Dip
10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and drained (press with paper towel)
8 oz. Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded (I used Mozzarella)
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. purple onion, finely chopped
1/4 Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 can Rotel tomatoes
cumin, to taste

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Bake in 12x12 dish at 350* for 30 min. or until bubbly in center. Serve with Scoops, pita chips, or Wheat Thins.

I also did buffalo chicken dip.....it's basically like eating fat, but oh so good! ;-)

Buffalo Chicken Dip
2 large cans of Tyson chicken
2 (8 oz.) bars of cream cheese
1 c. Ranch
1 c. Texas Pete hot sauce

Mix thoroughly. Put in pan and sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Bake on 350* for 30 mins.


And then of course we needed a dessert. So I attempted No Bake Oreo Truffles for the first time. And I AM ADDICTED!!! Oreo anything is by far my favorite and these did NOT disappoint. 3 ingredients. No bake. So easy. Just be willing to get your hands a little dirty.
This is NOT what mine looked like. I got a little lazy with the chocolate. So, just FYI, the Oreo balls are good with just a drop of melted chocolate dropped on them or completely dipped. They are the best!

1 package Double Stuffed Oreos
4-8 oz. cream cheese (depending on what kind of consistency you want)
Dipping chocolate (I just used white chocolate morsels)

Chop Oreos up finely in a food processor. Save some of the finely crushed Oreos for garnish later and set it aside.
With hands or a spoon (I think hands are faster), mash softened cream cheese and crushed Oreos until well combined.
Roll into 1" balls and place on a wax covered cookie sheet. Put in freezer for 15 mins.
While balls are in freezer, melt chocolate according to directions.
Pull Oreo truffles out of freezer, and dip into chocolate. Garnish with reserved Oreo crumbs before the chocolate sets.
Let chocolate set, refrigerate, and enjoy!!
Hope you all had fun eating, drinking, and watching the Super Bowl on Sunday! I know I did....well, at least until the 3rd quarter.
TGIF! :-) and a birthday weekend ahead!

XOXO-
Shanana

1 comment:

  1. Chett's mom makes the oreo truffles, and they are so good. She brought us some over Christmas, and it took all that I had to not eat the entire box. Look at the picture below. She drizzles chocolate on top of hers. http://followgram.me/anna_perkins/438519493_4672150

    ReplyDelete