Tuesday, January 31, 2012

one birthday month ends and another begins! :)

My AHHHMAZING mother turned the big 6-0 this weekend, which is so very hard to believe! My sisters and I wanted to do something special for her for this big milestone, so we threw her a surprise birthday party Saturday night and the surprise was a success! Family and many of her long time friends came to help us celebrate and we had an amazing time! Some highlights of the party...

1. It was at the Art Bar. A super cool, laid back bar on Main St. downtown Greenville. We had the upstairs bar reserved (MINUS a few party crashers, who even ate some of our food! haha)
2. We got my mom's FAVE, coconut cake. And then some cupcakes as well for those who despise the texture of coconut (like myself). These treats came from one of my new obsessions..... The Bakery off Augusta. If you live in Greenville, you MUST try it! They also have the most delicious petit fours I have ever tasted in my life.

Coconut Cake from The Bakery Off Augusta

The "Glenn" girls :)
Some of my mom's LONG time friends
the hat. the face. enough said.
The Archibald Fam
The party was a huge success! We could not have asked for a better mother and best friend! We love you more than anything! Here's to MANY MANY more birthdays (just don't be expecting a party like this every year ;-)

So, now that January is coming to an end, MY birthday month is beginning. Yes, I said "birthday month"! Be honest...who doesn't love to celebrate their birthday all month long?! haha not that this ever really happens but I at least like to acknowledge it until the day comes! And if the celebration continues...then the celebration continues. However, it's hard when that cute little holiday, Valentine's Day comes along just 2 short days later. I will say, I don't mind combining the 2 for a nice dinner or something like that. I think a card and some candy is quite nice, but nothing too over the top.

So, I bought myself an early birthday/valentine's gift. It's the perfect dress for transitioning into Spring!
SOOO many ways to wear it. :)
I honestly don't expect anything for my birthday. I know, it sounds crazy. I feel like it's just that time in my life, and hopefully I'll always feel this way...but it's the thought, the phone call, the card, the company, and simply the feeling of being loved and appreciated that really matters more than anything. Besides, I'm pretty bad about when I want something, that is affordable, bad enough, then I just go get it. But with that being said....who doesn't love gifts???
So, this is just another fun wish list. Because who doesn't keep a constant wish list in mind??

1. TOMS ballet flats! They became available today! :) So cute and bound to be comfortable!

The particular pair REALLY catches my eye :)

2. Guilty by Gucci. Every girl needs her scent.



5. The Hunger Games. I love a good addiction to a series.


6. Heating blanket. Yes, random. But, my mom has one and it is the most wonderful thing EVER!


hmmm that's all I can think of for now. This list is constant though....always fulfilling and adding on ;-)

Also, Nelson and I have officially signed up for the Cooper River Bridge Run 2012. It might be the 1st year I'll be doing this run and NOT living in Charleston :-( which is kinda sad. But, we went ahead and jumped the gun, committing to it tonight since tonight ends the "early registration". Charleston, here we come! Well, I'm sure we will be back sooner, but March 31st is official.


HAPPY FEBRUARY!!!
XOXO-
Shanana

No comments:

Post a Comment