Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Easy Lasagna

I think I may have a dangerous obsession with pasta. I seriously crave it way more than I should. And it makes the BEST leftovers, so that's always a plus. I have made this lasagna multiple times, sometimes for large groups and sometimes for just Nelson and I, which we end up eating it for DAYS (although I'm kinda okay with that). And I will not claim that this is a healthy lasagna, but it IS easy and it IS delicious. The BEST part about this lasagna is that you don't even have to cook the noodles- you LITERALLY put uncooked noodles down in the casserole dish, and I promise 1 hour later, they are cooked perfectly. I emphasize this because I have shared this with others and they didn't believe me..haha. So try it out yourself ;-) It works. Sorry the picture isn't the best- I forgot to take a picture of it until after we dug in for dinner! Yep... delicious every time!

Ingredients, Serves 6
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 chopped onion
  • 3 cloves garlic (minced)
  • 1 (26 oz.) jar pasta sauce
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 cups ricotta cheese
  • 3 oz cream cheese
  • 1 egg
  • salt and pepper to your liking
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 9 UNCOOKED lasagna noodles
  • 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions
  1. In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onion and garlic (and any other veggies you want); drain. Add pasta sauce, water, and any spices; mix well.
  2. In a large bowl, combine ricotta, cream cheese, egg, salt, and pepper and mix well. Stir in mozzarella cheese.
  3. In a 13x9 baking dish, place 1 cup ground beef mixture. Lay 3 uncooked lasagna noodles on top. Spread 1/3 of ricotta filling over noodles and top with 1/3 of the remaining beef mixture. Repeat layers twice, ending with ground beef mixture.
  4. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and bake another 10-15 minutes, until casserole is bubbling and cheese browns.
I don't follow directions EXACTLY- if you like it reallly cheesy, go ahead, add more cheese. I also add in mushrooms and sometimes spinach into the ground beef mixture. And thanks to my wonderful sister-in-law, April, I started to add a little kick to it by adding some crushed red pepper flakes and chili powder!
ENJOY! :)

XOXO-
Shana :)


No comments:

Post a Comment