Monday, September 5, 2011

WANT

WANT sometimes seems like a dangerous word...or atleast it is in my world, where my husband believes all I do is want, want, want. But my yoga teacher training started last week and on top of a lot of technical yoga poses, practicing, etc... the process includes finding your authentic self, which I am also really pumped about. This week, one of our journaling activities was to have someone (nelson :) ask us for 10 whole minutes, "what do you want?" and for 10 minutes, this is what you do. List what you want. Simple. At first he thought it was silly and dangerous, but then he saw the importance in the exercise. So of course you are going to have the materialistic things in there like, for me a David Yurman ring, more Lululemon clothes, a great dane.. but then inevitably in 10 minutes you will get deeper into what you really want out of your life.
Although I am probably one of the most indecisive people you will EVER meet, I do know what I want. And I think it's a great exercise to audibly state what you want out of your life. And down the road we will see what we have, what we never needed out of that list, or what we STILL want out of that list.

this will probably be on my want list a LONG time...
Harlequin Great Dane....Maggie needs a brother :) or sister...

Try it out...it's actually kind of interesting to find out what comes to mind in 10 minutes :)



2 comments:

  1. Shana, I am so glad to know about this blog! I will be sure to follow your exciting adventures! Also, not surprised you are becoming a yoga teacher! So fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all the things you are doing in your life, I think you DESERVE both. NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete